Wednesday 4 May 2011

Writing & Sexy Things in a Paper Near You?

I've really been neglecting my blog of late. Sorry blog.

Talking of neglecting things I wanted to write about something which really annoys and saddens me: my ability to start and not finish anything. This blog is a good example of this- I leave it for over a month and then post, then forget about it, then get excited over it again...

Anyway, I went on a little sojourn with 'ma boy' to Bath over the Royal Wedding Weekend (and it was lovely- wonderful city!) and whilst I was away I realised that I had to write 1000 words of fiction for Friday for my creative writing coursework. Boyfriend was slightly irritated with me for not realising whilst I flippantly replied 'It's fine I'll bash it out in half an hour.' And, all arrogance aside, I did 'bash out' 3 different pieces of 1000 words in length over the course of two hours. Pretty impressive stuff, and the quality was good. I really should get my head out of my arse, don't worry I'm getting to the part where self loathing creeps in and you can like me again. I had three stories: one set on a imaginary island about a girl who befriends a deaf boy (think fairies, mermaids etc); one about a woman who commits a murder in Walthamstow and of course the good old statue story.



The statue story, incidentally, is something I've had in my head for years. When I'm bored on trains or waiting for things I like to embellish it. Yet, despite having thought about it for about 4 years I've only ever written about 2000 (and that's being generous) words towards its creation.

The point I'm trying to make here is I can start something but never finish it. This mainly applies to writing, but I've always wanted to be a writer (in a vague, abstract, airyfairy way) but I'm far too lazy. It makes me sad, when I think about these ideas, the stories, blowing away into the sky never pined down by a pen and slowly forgotten. The details bore me: the punctuation; the family histories of my characters; the moments of low drama... Oh! To write only the love scene, fight scene and death scene!

My main ambition in life has been to write a book that some reputable source such as the Guardian would describe as, 'beautiful'. However, 'beautiful' books don't sell many copies and my book would have to be a best seller. So not only would it be 'beautiful' but it would be one of those rare books which is penetrable for both Literature buffs and the Waterstones masses. In short: a masterpiece. I even have a plot for my book. It is whimsical, ridiculous, full of tedious metaphors and 'erotically charged moments' and whatnot. This dream is unrealistic even for well established writers; let alone 19 year girls who cannot put pen to paper. If you do ever see my name in print, please buy the book purely on account of the fact I actually managed to write it!





NOW DAD IF YOU ARE READING THIS FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP!! I HAVE ASKED YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN AND IF YOU DON'T STOP READING IT I WILL HAVE TO DELETE MY BLOG. I love you, but please desist, what you are about to read is 'of a personal nature' and will only upset you! Go on, click off now. Thank you.



Stop Reading Here If You Are:
A) Offended by lewd or bawdy content.
B) My Father
C) Anyone in my family at all.



In an aside, I'm thinking about writing anal sex . The idea came from a conversation with Tristan in Ann Summers and he's very much in favour. If they publish it I will super impressed and if they don't it'll give me something wonderful to complain about.
 It makes compelling reading in one of my favourite blogs: http://brightonivy.blogspot.com/ Anyway, tell me what you think via facebook, email or whatever dear readers!

I'm off to the pub.

2 comments:

Ivy Harrison said...

Aaw you mentioned me again, thank you! And sex is always interesting to read about. Literally laughed out loud when you told your dad to stop reading though haha, I'd hate it if either of my parents read what I wrote, I'd probably have to kill myself or something. If you wanted to do a guest post (anonymously) on my blog then I'd be honoured!

Ivy x

Unknown said...

I just wrote a piece about anal sex that I thought you might find useful/interesting/amusing. You can find it here http://southeastsexandsanity.blogspot.com/2011/05/popular-hobby.html

Take care,

Charlie