Monday 17 January 2011

You're Not 19 Forever...

Hello most cherished readers.

Today is supposedly according to research (??) the most depressing day of the year. Deep. I can see why- it's actually raining or was earlier. I am not depressed especially. I am back in GU2 and enjoying not doing very much revision at all....

Anyway, on the most depressing day of the year I am brought to face a rather scary reality that I won't be young forever. In fact I am already descending into adulthood.

I no longer partake in the usage of recreational drugs (almost certainly a good thing.)
I now suffer from chronic, head crushingly awful hangovers, whereas when I was 17, 18 I could go out 3 or 4 nights on the trot quite happily.
I've had a full time job and paid income tax (on my 'gap yah').
I am in my first, proper grown up long term relationship with an older man (not obsecenely older but 3 and a half years.)
I am (as of Saturday) going to start renting my first house next year. It's amazing! I'm living with Jade, Dave and Alex in a lovely 4 bed.
I've nearly been alive for 2 whole decades.
I am legally (and have been for over a year) an adult.
I am at university: I cook my own meals, I pay my own rent (with a little help from a thing called a loan).
I can nearly drive a car.
I am no longer in compulsory education.
I do my own laundry and regularly at that.
I'm actually getting better at not blowing all my cash in Topshop.

Thing is, sure, I won't 19 forever. But I hope I'm making the most of it.

I've always wanted to be older than I am. Own a house, get married, get two dogs (called Baby and Marbella- don't ask), have a job, cook dinner... you know that sort of thing.

So I have decided in deference (perhaps) or definance to my impending adulthood I am going to do something truly WILD before my 20th Birthday.

Tattoos are out of the question as are piercings (pain is an issue). So it's got to be one last hurrah with the hair. It's been shaved (one side, looked quite good), bright red, very long, black, a gingery colour, purple, very short, shaved up the back (unintentionally, mis communication at the hairdressers...disastrous), excessively straight, sprayed every colour under the sun, beyond greasy (when travelling), curly, put into a beehive, cut by me, cut by my friends, cut by my mother (I looked like a very poor man's Cleopatra) and is now currently a respectable light brown colour...

Although, that is all going to change...

WATCH THIS SPACE.

P.S I should be revising but I love you all so very much I decided to update the blog instead. Aww.

No comments: